FUJIFILM INSTAX MINI 70
The Instax Mini 70 is a compact instant camera that has a modern and sleek design. It comes in 6 vibrant colors — “Canary Yellow”, “Island Blue”, “Moon White”, “Passion Red”, “Stardust Gold” and “Midnight Black”. Its a perfect accessory fashion statement for outings.
- Selfie Mode – The Mini 70 automatically adjust the framing of a selfie shot so you always get the perfect shot, whether you are shooting in portrait or landscape mode. This feature is only available in the Instax Mini 70 in Fujifilm Instax line.
- Self-timer allows you to take a photo of a group with you in it. All you needs a tripod
- The Instax Mini 70 is the only camera in the Fujifilm in Instax line to have auto exposure. You don’t have fiddle with lighting anymore. However, don’t expect the quality adjustments of a digital camera in instant camera.
- The Mini 70’s Battery last up to 70 hours. One CR2 Battery.
- Marco Mode – This mode will automatically focus the lens and the viewfinder. This allows shots to be taken that involve objects that are very close (1-2 feet away).
- Landscape mode – Gives you the ability to take wide angle shots. Wuth landscape mode the camera will keep the lighting and exposure perfect for your landscape photos.
- HI Key mode which enhances your photo so images come out radiant and alive.
Fujifilm Instax Mini 90
The Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 is the top of the line Camera in the Instax series of Instant Camera from Fujifilm. It has a sleek design, and comes in both modern and retro versions. It comes in tan (retro), black and sliver.
The Instax Mini 90 has the following Mini 70 features – Landscape Mode, Macro Mode, timer and ability to attached a trupod. However, it has additional features and modes.
- Long Exposure – The shutter remains open for as long as 10 seconds, this enable you to take night shots with light streak and other effects
- Double Exposure – Enables you to press the shutter button twice, this allows you to superimpose two images together for an artistic shot
- Kids Mode– Allows you to shot fast moving objects like children and animals
- Party Mode – Captures the background and subject clearly
- Brightness Control – You can easily control the brightness of a shot
Instax Mini 70 vs 90
- Style and Looks (Winner: Mini 70)– Both the cameras are stylish and sleek. Its really a personal preference, but we prefer the Mini 70 because it comes in 6 colors (Red, Yellow, Blue, Black, Silver and White) vs only Tan and black for Instax Mini 90.
- Features (Winner: Mini 90) – We would give this to the Instax Mini 90, since it comes with more useful features than the Mini 70, namely Long Exposure and Kid’s Mode. The other additional features that it has the, the Party and Double Exposure mode are entertaining but not that useful in most situations. While the Mini 70 has a selfie mode, we found that the Mini 90, can take pretty good selfies.
- Battery (Winner: Mini 90) – The Mini 70 comes with a Cr2 Battery where as the Instax Mini 90 comes with a rechargeable battery. We found the rechargeable battery more convenient without having to worry about batteries running out, and having to buy new batteries. CR2 Rechargeable batteries and a charge will set you back US$15-20.
- Picture Quality (Winner: Draw) – Both cameras performed well in this category. Both took very good photos in both indoor and outdoor conditions
If we had to choose between the Instax Mini 70 vs Instax Mini 90, we would pick the the Instax Mini 90, for an extra $30-40 we would be able to get a camera with rechargeable batteries and a charger, and a camera with more important features included like Long Exposure and Kid’s Mode. This enables you to take a better picture in a great variety of situations that you would encounter. However, the Mini 70 is a good all around camera that takes good hhotos in most conditions
You can check out the deals here, also you can check out our discounts in instax mini films.